Starting a Charter School in Hawaiʻi
The Commission is committed to authorizing high quality public charter schools throughout the state that will contribute meaningfully to Hawaiʻi's public education system.
Updated: May 6, 2020
Due to funding restrictions imposed by the Governor in Executive Memorandum 20-01, Amendments to Executive Memorandum 19-02, FY20 Budget Execution Policies and Instructions, the 2020 RFP for new charter schools has been suspended indefinitely. This action was taken at the April 23, 2020 Commission General Business Meeting.
2020 Request for Proposals Released
March 30, 2020
On March 30, 2020 the Commission released the 2020 Request for Proposals (RFP) for Start-up and Conversion schools.
2020 RFP (.pdf)
- Exhibit 1 - Staffing Chart template (.docx)
- Exhibit 2 - Statement of Assurances Form (.docx)
- Exhibit 3 - Board Member Information Form(.docx)
- Exhibit 4 - Financial Plan Workbook (.xls)
- Exhibit 4a - Financial Plan Workbook Year 0 (.xls)
- Exhibit 5 - Final Review Checklist (.docx)
Intent to Apply Packet (.docx)
Applicant Information Sheet (.docx)